[Sca-cooks] Potatoes (was Ratio)

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Mon Jun 27 12:30:26 PDT 2005

Am Montag, 27. Juni 2005 19:05 schrieb Huette von Ahrens:
> --- Volker Bach <carlton_bach at yahoo.de> wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 25. Juni 2005 00:36 schrieb Vladimir Armbruster:
> > > *toddles off to find a good book on Period German Cuisine* (Period
> > > being 1425 or so for him)
> >
> > Do you read German? If so, get Trude Ehlert: Das Kochbuch des
> > Mittelalters. The text is rather basic, but she is among Germany's
> > leading experts and the bibliography is outstanding.
> >
> > As to cookbooks, the Buoch von Guoter Spise (late 14th century), Meister
> > Eberhard (mid-15th century), the Königsberg MS (late 15th cent) and the
> > Inntalkochbuch (laste 15th/early 16th cent) are available in English
> > translation. The Rheinfränkisches Kochbuch (mid 15th), Meister Hans
> > (mid-15th), the various Munich manuscript fragments (mid-15th to 16th),
> > the Mondseer Kochbuch and the Wolfenbüttel MS have also been published
> > and rendered in modern German. I'm currently working on a translation of
> > the Wolfenbüttel MS.
> >
> > YIS
> >
> > Giano
>
> Giano!
>
> Where are the English translations located or published for Meister
> Eberhard, the Konigsberg MS and the Inntalkochbuch?  I have never heard or
> seen them published or available on-line in English.
>
> Huette, who is working on Philippine Welser's Kochbuch.

I thought they were in the Florilegium by now. I also gave them to others to
web earlier but nothing seems to have come of it. That probably means right
now, available from me, and if anyone wants to give them a permanent home
I'kll be happy to provide them (I have no time to keep a website, pets are
always more trouble than people think)

Philippine Welser, eh? Nothing like sibling rivalry :)

Giano