[Sca-cooks] RE: Sugar free sports drink alternative

John Kemker john at kemker.org
Wed Jun 29 23:01:28 PDT 2005

Alacer (http://www.alacercorp.com) Electro-MIX has no sugars or
substitutes, unless you consider Chromium aspartate the substitute.  It
has no warning concerning "Phenylketonurics" or other phenylalanine
warnings.

I've used it.  Have a box sitting right here on my desk.  It's not sweet
at all.  It's tart.  Puckery.  Very satisfying when I'm extremely
thirsty and need to rehydrate quickly.  As a diabetic, it's been my
"sports drink" of choice.

Their web site says the ingredients are "Citric Acid, Potassium
Bicarbonate, Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium Carbonates, Malic Acid,
Magnesium hydroxide, Manganese Gluconate, Chromium Aspartate, Natural
Flavors."

--Cian