[Sca-cooks] Seeking Food and Recipe Web Pages

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 12 19:15:19 PST 2005

Some of you may see this message more than once, and for that i apologize.

I'm updating my web site, Dar Anahita. I used to have a page or two
of links to cookbooks and recipes, but my website disappeared over a
year ago, shortly after which my hard drive died the true death. I
rebuilt the "historic research" part and got it on-line soon after
(well, ok, a couple months later). But i have lagged behind in
updating my links pages, which are currently not even on the website,
so many were out-dated.

I now have a webpage almost ready to upload with functional links to
Near and Middle Eastern food information sources, period as well as
modern. But i could easily have missed something worth sharing.

Naturally, i've got links to Cariadoc's redactions, Stephan Bloch's
redactions, parts of the Miscellany, the Anonymous Andalusian, and
Ain-i-Akbari. If anyone knows of more "period" sources on line and/or
historically based redactions (besides my own :-) i'd love to hear.
Most of the SCA Middle Eastern recipes/feasts i've stumbled upon are
modern.

So if anyone has Near and Middle Eastern and Central Asian
food-related links they'd be willing to share, please send them to me
privately. Then, when i have the page up-loaded on my site in a day
or two, i'll let folks know so they can bask in the links.

There will, of course, be a European food page too, but for that i
only want period sources, good redactions, and useful info for
working with Medieval/Renaissance recipes, nothing modern. I'm not
asking for links for that yet, although if you send me some
(privately please), i won't reject them.

My profuse thanks in advance,
--
Urtatim, the artiste formerly known as Anahita
(with a tip o' the turban to Adamantius)