[Sca-cooks] Interesting experiment...- OOP

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Mar 21 22:42:01 PST 2005

...at least, it interested me ;-)

As some of you may know, I have been entertaining myself by taking surveys.
In this process, they have given me various products to try, and provide
them with feedback on. This week, it was a reduced acid coffee.

I normally drink decaf coffee, because long experience has taught me that I
get an upset stomach when I drink regular coffee, at least, in the
quantities in which I normally drink coffee- a cup or two is OK- more than
that, there's a problem. However, several people have told me that it's the
acid in the coffee which is causing me the difficulty, rather than the
caffeine, and since I can drink vast quantities of regular caffeinated tea
without a problem, I thought that perhaps they might be right, so I welcomed
this chance to find out for sure.

I now definitely know that it's the caffeine, and not the acid. I now have a
mildly upset stomach, and a serious caffeine buzz. It's a bummer, too,
because I had been hoping that perhaps a reduced acid coffee might allow me
to use caffeine when I needed a bit of extra alertness, but, it is not to
be.

But, I thought some of the rest of you might be interested in the results of
this experiment. I'm sure some of you might have a similar difficulty with
caffeine and/or coffee.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.