[Sca-cooks] Interesting experiment...- OOP

Tara Sersen Boroson tara at kolaviv.com
Tue Mar 22 04:13:56 PST 2005

Phlip, your coffee experience reminds me of something that folks swear
by on on another food forum that I frequent.  Have you, or anybody else
here, tried cold brewing coffee?  Take 1 lb of ground coffee and 9 cups
of water and brew it overnight on your counter top.  In the morning,
strain it and refrigerate it.  When you want to use it, take some and
dillute it with 3 parts hot water.  If you won't use it in a few weeks,
you can freeze it in portions.  Everybody I've heard of who's tried it
absolutely raves that they'll never go back to hot brewing.  It's
supposed to be lower acid and lower caffiene, but higher in the
flavorful aromatic compounds.

I've been meaning to try it for ages, because I love a cup of coffee
once in a while but only occasionally.  I'm primarily a tea addict ;)
Plus, like you, it can wreak havoc on my stomach sometimes, especially
early in the morning.

-Magdalena vander Brugghe

--
Tara Sersen Boroson

'Normal' is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work, driving through traffic in a car you are still paying for, in order to get to the job that you need so you can pay for the clothes, car, and the house that you leave empty all day in order to afford to live in it. -Ellen Goodman

[T]o admit authorities, however heavily furred and gowned, into our libraries and let them tell us how to read, what to read, what value to place upon what we read, is to destroy the spirit of freedom which is the breath of those sanctuaries. -Virginia Woolf