[Sca-cooks] Cooks Symposium

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 22 16:25:27 PST 2005

I know that there was some discussion a little while back about a Cooks'
Symposium in Aethelmarc.  Along the same lines, I received a message
from Dame Hauviette d'Anjou...some of you know her quite well...and she
used to be a participant on this list.  She is asking about interest in
a Known World Symposium in their area this year...possibly around the
same time as the one they held last year...early Decembe.r  She says
they are looking for a larger, handicapped accessible site.  She also
indicated that she already has someone who is in the process of
completing a book on period cookery (don't remember the details and
cannot find the original post...Hauviette, can you please remind me???)
who is interested in participating.  The one that was held this past
year was superb...I attended, and I know that GwenCat and others from
the Outlands did as well.

Obviously we have two groups who are interested in hosting this
event...is there any way you folks could work together on this? I think
that, between you, you could produce an event that would draw lots of
cooks from the Known World and that would be quite exciting.

Thanks!

Kiri