[Sca-cooks] Sage treatise

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Mar 24 18:15:02 PST 2005

Pardon the bandwidth and me tooting my own horn.

I have wrestled with my Sage Treatise and someone won. I intended for
this to be my masterwork, so basically I feel obliged to pass it out to
the world for comment.

This is the treatise that I submitted to the Laurel Prize Tourney in
Carolingia, with the challenge to write a treatise on a period subject
in a period style. (pre-1600).
I wrote mine from the point of view of the late 1500s, though some of my
references are post 1600s.
Since a period style is basically wholesale plagiarism, I tried to go
back and insert some sort of notes explaining the whole mess. So, here
the docs are:
The treatise, in a nice period-like font (PDF):
http://www.gallowglass.org/jadwiga/herbs/documents/sage.pdf
The text with all the endnotes, in PDF because I can't face trying to
make the notes work in HTML right now:
http://www.gallowglass.org/jadwiga/herbs/documents/sage_with_notes.pdf
and the treatise itself in HTML:
http://www.gallowglass.org/jadwiga/herbs/SageTreatise.htm

Pardon if this comes across as showing off... I would really like
comments and feedback on the darn thing. I also figure that if I'm going
to release it out into the world I'd better tell people it's coming,
before they find it cited in some wierd paper on the Internet.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Even monsters don't like to be misunderstood." - J. Von Culin