[Sca-cooks] Tuna sandwiches

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Mar 26 15:10:43 PST 2005

'Lainie asked:
> > Beer is allowed during Lent, right????
> >
> > Beer, Tuna Sandwich, and a bag of Chile Limon chips....
>
> What do you put in your tuna? Mayo is off-list, you know... (hacks me
> off too- so much of the 'making-fish-edible' techniques I know involved
> mayo in some form or another...)

However, he said "Tuna" sandwich. Not "Tuna salad" sandwich.
Personally, messing up that good, juicy tuna by adulterating it with
other stuff, especially mayonnaise or Miracle Whip, seems disgusting.
My family, and I have always just put the chunks of tuna between bread
and to make a sandwich and eaten it that way. But then, all those carbs
in the bread, so simply eating the tuna out of the can works as well.

I thought from earlier discussions here that Miracle Whip didn't have
eggs in it. Would that be useable in Lent?

Adamantius' Tuna Sandwich does sound good, though.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com