[Sca-cooks] Looking for a fast sugar recipe

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 26 18:59:08 PST 2005

Ian Griffen wrote:

>Greeting to all the Cooks that receive this missive.
>
>My wife will walking in a Relay for Life in support for the American Cancer Society. I am looking for a recipe for a cookie or cake that will help to replace the sugars and salts that the walkers will  burn during the time these good gentles will be walking.  By the way my wife is a Breast Cancer suvivor of 5 years.
>
>Does anyone have a recipe for something like this.
>
>Thank you in advance for your help
>
>John Rockwell/ Ian Griffen the Archer

I'm not sure about cookies or cakes, but I do know that cantaloupe
chunks are absolutely wonderful for replacing electrolytes lost from
heat and exercise.

By the way, I also do the Relay...ours is in June and I'll be working on
the Steering Committee for ours.  It's a wonderful time...a celebration
of life as well as an opportunity to raise money for research and
community support for cancer victims, survivors and their caregivers.
If any of you have the chance to be part of one, don't pass it by.  Our
Barony has fielded a team for the past several years...and we do a demo
as part of the entertainment as well.

Congratulations to your wife.  I too am a cancer survivor...I've had
colon cancer twice and breast cancer once.  My last bout, the breast
cancer, was 15 years ago!  I'm now in full remission and quite thankful.

Kiri