[Sca-cooks] cleaning bone handled utensils

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Mar 26 23:16:44 PST 2005

Through the Florilegium I recently got the following message. I
couldn't be of much help since I don't have any files on cleaning bone
handled utensils, although I have one on the care of horn utensils and
one for wooden utensils and one on working with bone.

I have Russ' permission to post his inquiry here. I think any comments
might be of interest to folks here, as well. Please remember that he is
not on this list, so email him directly or copy him on any reply you
send to this list.

Stefan

> From: 	  bilowich at earthlink.net
> Subject: 	bone handled table ware
> Date: 	March 19, 2005 6:13:37 PM CST
> To: 	  Stefan at florilegium.org

> Dear Lord Stefan li Rous
>
> I have some antique bone handled dessert knives and forks and the bone
> handles are really dirty.  Do you know of any reference works or tips
> on cleaning them without destroying them?
>
> Thanks
> Russ Bilowich
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas