[Sca-cooks] Quick Sugar:

wildecelery at aol.com wildecelery at aol.com
Mon Mar 28 06:13:14 PST 2005

-----

------------------------------
Message: 3
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 07:17:17 -0800 (PST)
From: Ian Griffen <i_griffen at yahoo.com>
Subject: [Sca-cooks] Looking for a fast sugar recipe
To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org

Greeting to all the Cooks that receive this missive.

My wife will walking in a Relay for Life in support for the American
Cancer
Society. I am looking for a recipe for a cookie or cake that will help
replace the sugars and salts that the walkers will  burn during the
time these
good gentles will be walking.  By the way my wife is a Breast Cancer
suvivor of
5 years.

Does anyone have a recipe for something like this.

Thank you in advance for your help

John Rockwell/ Ian Griffen the Archer

A few ideas, mostly oop.....
(I can try to seek out the actual recipes, if you'd like)

1) Dried apple rings...slice aples (peeled or not)  and then dipp them
in a 1 to 1 mixture of honey and water...dry in a dehydrator or
low-temp oven

2. Oatcakes.. (picture lower sugar sugra cookie made with steel-cut
oats)

3. Itria- honey and sesame seed candy

4. Sour cream -based cakes with  fruit

5. Peanut butter cookies

-Ardenia

End of Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 22, Issue 68