[Sca-cooks] Sugar Updates

wildecelery at aol.com wildecelery at aol.com
Tue Mar 29 08:30:48 PST 2005

I'm not at all sure why you might be having a problem with this. I did
do a quick search on "making rock candy" and turned up a large number
of recipes. Most of these seem to call for 2 cups of sugar for each cup
of water. Which is a bit higher than I would have expected. One did use
a 2 1/2 to 1 ratio. Also those that gave a temperature said 240-250
degrees F. They also seemed to give times of 3 to 5 days to let the
crystals form.

  No idea... the lavender batch was forming"cultured" crystals after 3
days.... It's a learning process!

-Ardenia