[Sca-cooks] Sugar updates

SEBD at aol.com SEBD at aol.com
Tue Mar 29 04:51:21 PST 2005

In a message dated 3/29/05 6:33:18 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, Stefan  writes:

(I wonder if  you can make sugar-free rock candy? :-) )

________

Briefly, no. Artificial sweeteners don't crystallize properly.

I'm interested in the idea of a lavender rock candy. Personally, I'd be
fooling around with lemon, mint, cherry, or ginger flavorings before I ever got
around to lavender. This is the stuff people sucked on for sore throats or dry
throats (from speech-making) before medicated cough drops came to grace us
with  their presence. Slippery elm, anyone?

Elianne