[Sca-cooks] Re: tarts vs. pies, a bit of help

Katja Orlova katjaorlova at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 09:07:47 PST 2005

> and then put eggs with it, yolk and white, and grate
> them in with the cheese

This line intrigues me. Do you think the line referred
to grating two hard-boiled eggs, or to "grating" two
raw eggs through a grater or sieve (so as to blend
them?)?

I'm pretty sure all the similar cheese/herb tarts I've
redacted or seen from English, Italian, and German
sources clearly refer to raw eggs being mixed with the
cheese and other ingredients (most likely as a
binder).

Still, since I recall that some Italian recipes call
for using mashed hard-boiled eggs, I wonder if this
*could* be referring to them...

toodles, Katja

=====
-