[Sca-cooks] Re: 16th cent spanish desserts?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Mar 1 18:08:33 PST 2005

Cailte asked:
> can anyone direct me to some recipes for 16th cent spanish
> desserts?  there's a competition at a local event, and
> 16th cent spain is the theme.
Check this file:
3-Span-Sweets-art (13K)  4/26/01    Three Spanish sweet dishes from de
Nola by
                                        Vicente.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/3-Span-Sweets-art.html

And there should be a number of dessert items in this manuscript:
Guisados1-art    (220K)  5/28/01    A translation of Ruperto de Nola's
                                        1529 "Libre del Coch", part 1 of
2
                                       by Lady Brighid ni Chiarain.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS/Guisados1-art.html
Guisados2-art    (116K)  5/28/01    "Libre del Coch". part 2 of 2.
                                        Lenten recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS/Guisados2-art.html

There are a number of other possible recipes, but they aren't in files
organized by century.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas