[Sca-cooks] Field peas

Pat mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 16:10:18 PST 2005

Okay, it's official, I'm batty - I'm replying to my own posts...
Bear, you might want to look at something called "Southern Peas."  I've found several online articles from various County Extension Offices on Southern Peas, that claim that "Southern Peas are also called Blackeyed Peas and Field Peas."  None that I can find, however, give the scientific name or origin.

Mordonna

Pat <mordonna22 at yahoo.com> wrote:
Thanks, that may explain the misunderstanding about the origin.

Mordonna

Terry Decker wrote:
Yesterday on NPR, I heard an Alabaman discussing field peas. He used "field
pea" in a general manner to refer to any legume being grown in the fields.
This usage matches up to the usage Mordanna put forward, and suggests that
it is at least a Southern regional usage.

Bear

Pat Griffin
Lady Anne du Bosc
known as Mordonna the Cook