[Sca-cooks] Field peas

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Mar 2 16:48:13 PST 2005

I suspect that DARE might sort this out, as regards the American uses.
The Dictionary of American Regional English (DARE) is a reference tool
unlike any other. Its aim is not to prescribe how Americans should
speak, or even to describe the language we use generally, the "standard"
language.
http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/dare/dare.html
I haven't bought these yet, although they are on an intend to purchase
in the future list.
Perhaps Jadwiga could look and see what it says about "Southern peas" .
I would guess that her library has a set.

Johnnae