[Sca-cooks] white ginger

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Mar 4 20:20:52 PST 2005

White ginger is peeled ginger.  Black or gray ginger is unpeeled ginger.
Green ginger is the undried rhizome.  White ginger is modernly used to refer
to peeled Jamaican ginger which may also be bleached.  That may not be what
Platina is referring to as "gingiberis albi," but it is a good possibility
the term white ginger is older than the modern usage.

Bear