[Sca-cooks] Sideboards....

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Sun Mar 6 07:25:38 PST 2005

This is the Brunch Buffet I served at Marinus Investiture in 2003. It was not meant to be a meal for anyone, more like a reception, and the food was chosen to be attractive to the food-challenged, instead of being strictly period dishes. Mostly it disappeared. We had paper plates so people could deal with the messy stuff. I don't remember what beverages were served, I think cider and coffee and hot water for instant beverages.

Baked Salmon with Green Sauce -- salmon baked in crust with fresh dill
Grilled Pork Sausages with Mustard
Bacon and Cheese Pies -- basically quiche lorraine
Cheese Tagine -- a crustless cottage cheese tart
Cinnamon Puffs
Panettone -- more popular with the kitchen staff than the populace
Fine White Bread
Butter
Sweet Cheese Spread
Compote of Fall Berries