[Sca-cooks] Sideboards....

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 6 17:29:20 PST 2005

> Also sprach Robin Carroll-Mann:
>
>> Denise Wolff wrote:
>>
>>> Here are two from my past sideboards:
>>

>> Andrea,
>>
>> How many people were those sideboards intended to feed?
>

> See, what might not become immediately apparent in this discussion
> among polite and tactful people... is that, when you get down to it,
> Andrea is nuts ;-).

Well, I know that.  And one heck of a shipwright.  :-)

> Yeah, that was rude of me, and I apologize, but I consider it taking
> one for the team... ;-)
>
> I recall her doing one of these for an East Kingdom Twelfth Night that
> had to be for more than 400.
>
> Adamantius (same group as Andrea)

However, issues of Andrea's sanity aside, it's possible that these
particular sideboards were for smaller, local events.  Even crazy people
can be limited in their excesses by kitchen resources and food budgets.
So I'm curious about numbers of people being fed, partly for practical
reasons.  If she did make stuffed eggs or cheese tarts for 400, I'd like
to know more about how she managed it.

--
Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom