[Sca-cooks] Re: OP, by a long shot: Questions for Professional Chefs

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 6 20:35:13 PST 2005

--- JAMES REVELLS <sudnserv5 at verizon.net> wrote:
> Thanks, to both of you, for the response, I can use all the help I can get.
> Now is K-Paul really a Cajun or another transplant to New Orleans from Fall
> River (which is about 15 minutes down the road from my house)?
> Pax,
> Olaf

Paul Prudhomme, if I am not mistaken, is died in the wool Cajun. Or, at least, he's a Louisiana
native...there is a difference.

However, if you have ever had the pleasure of visitng K-Paul in the French Quarter, you'll
immediately know the difference between 'authentic' Cajun style, and 'Showboat' Cajun style (which
is what I call the stuff Emeril does.)  Kind of like the difference between Mark Miller's take on
Southwestern Cuisine, and Bobby Flay's blue-corn-crusted Abomination.

Also, another great place to stop if you are in the NOLA area is John Folse's 'Lafitte's Landing'.
 Absolutely magnificent.

William de Grandfort

Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.