[Sca-cooks] Re: OP, by a long shot: Questions for Professional Chefs

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Sun Mar 6 22:55:01 PST 2005

JAMES REVELLS wrote:

> Thanks, to both of you, for the response, I can use all
> the help I can get.  Now is K-Paul really a Cajun or
> another transplant to New Orleans from Fall River (which
> is about 15 minutes down the road from my house)?

The real article ...

This is the K-Paul I was thinking of: Chef Paul Prudhomme
http://www.kpauls.com/

Sometime in the late 80's early 90's, he had a restaurant
in NYC -- a Cajun martini is a memorable experience --
even if they are served chilled in a pint or quart mason
jar -- it's how they are listed on the menu, too.

You don't drink those from the jar ... the waitress brought
them to the table in the jar, then poured it into standard
martini glass.

BTW, if you ate all of your veggies, the waitress pasted
a star to your ... sorry, I don't remember exactly where.

> Pax,
> Olaf

Vincenzo

p.s. ... Martini??? ... Oh yeah ... almost forgot.

Pepper vodka ... at the time, the waitress said they let
the red hot chili peppers sit (this was 5-7 years before
I found the SCA -- now, of course I would say macerate
instead of 'sit') in the vodka for several months.

Hot? ... Yes. ... Very.  So hot, we ordered a second
round.  Hoping to extinguish the fire ... didn't work.

--
Martin G. Diehl

"It takes me at least 3 weeks to unpack after PENNSIC"
"Unpack - you unpack after PENNSIC?" "Yes." ... "Why?"
--unknown

Visit my online gallery: Renderosity, a 3D Artist's Community
http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

So much wisdom and knowledge -- so little time and bandwidth.

"Thou plenty hast, yet me dost scant"
--John Dowland (1562-1626); "The First Booke of Songs"; 1597.

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
--inspired by P. K. Dick