[Sca-cooks] Re: OP, by a long shot: Questions for Professional Chefs

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 6 23:06:48 PST 2005

--- "Martin G. Diehl" <mdiehl at nac.net> wrote:
>> Pepper vodka ... at the time, the waitress said they let
> the red hot chili peppers sit (this was 5-7 years before
> I found the SCA -- now, of course I would say macerate
> instead of 'sit') in the vodka for several months.

MMMmmmmm... I'll bet it was better than Absolut Pepar (which tastes very much like someone waved a
chile over the spill mat at a local bar).  Gonna have to try it, now.  Habanero Vodka, anyone??
I'll bet that would make one heck of a Bloody Mary...throw in a little Creole Mustard, some Tony
Chachere's, and dangle a few grilled shrimp off the lip of the glass..... maybe even skewered with
grape tomatoes and salami??  Mmmmmmm...  Cajun Antepasto Bloody Mary.

Cave Creek Chile Beer (with the serranno chile still in the bottle) makes a great marinade for
Tri-Tip (Sirloin Butt Tip Roast for you non-westerners out there) or chicken, too.

William de Grandfort

Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.