[Sca-cooks] Re: OP, by a long shot: Questions for Professional Chefs

morgana.abbey at juno.com morgana.abbey at juno.com
Mon Mar 7 16:31:23 PST 2005

Since no one has mentioned it yet, a reference book of sorts:  Anthony Bourdain's "Kitchen Confidential".

The chapters about how and why restaurants fail are worth all the tales of misbehavior--which are also grimly funny.

I felt vindicated reading those chapters as I'm really tired of well-meaning boobs (none of whom ever worked in a restaurant) prattling on about how I should open a restaurant.  No thanx, I'm poor enough.

If you've already read it and/or disliked, ignore this.  Don't harp about it.

Morgana