[Sca-cooks] Homecomings Present and Past, a Personal View

Alexa mysticgypsy1008 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 03:34:06 PST 2005

My husband is Navy, never on the actual front line,
but was one of the boats closest to land when 9/11
hit.  I know that he doesnt go thru near the torment
that the guys on land do, but it is a collective
effort.
 As far as food goes.  I know I used to send him stuff
to the boat. I can't compare the lack of what they had
on the boat to what I can only imagine our guys dont
get on the front lines, but I can offer some
suggestions.  Anything that will not crush when
traveling, anything that does not need refrigeration
or cooking to eat, nothing in glass.  Pop-top type
cans work good because you dont need a can opener to
open them.  Like the pop-top ravioli.  My husband
still eats it right of the can at home. (I can't do
that).  Anyway, just my little notes on this thread.

Alexa