[Sca-cooks] Homecomings Present and Past, a Personal View

ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Mon Mar 7 13:53:33 PST 2005

Someone said:

>My son-in-law said that the PX in Iraq does a nice job of ripping
off
>the soldiers -- things like sunglasses, which are a necessity
there,
>cost about three times what they do in the States.  Maybe they
figure
>the guys aren't spending their hard-earned pay anywhere else and
it's
>ok to take advantage???

The thing is...the stuff they stock at the PXs are so high end
that the average soldier can't afford them. I mean, Maui Jims (or
whatever they are) are great sunglasses but who wants to pay over
$100 for sunglasses that will get broken or stolen within a week
or so of heavy combat duty. It is really ridiculous.

The PX will stock absurd things, but not the basics. My ex used to
complain about that during his Bosnia deployments and I'm guessing
things haven't changed much since.

Hugs,
Ysabeau

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net