[Sca-cooks] Homecomings Present and Past, a Personal View

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Mar 7 22:51:51 PST 2005

> If you will send me the address etc., of your son, I would be honored
> to send him a package.  Just let me know what kind of things he'd
> like...I can send 'most anything (within cost reason, of course).
>
> Kiri

You will want to do some checking on what you can send and what you
cannot. My barony has sent several large multi-box shipments to a unit
of our armed forces in Irag. One item was a pair of hand-powered
washing machines but also food items and other things. However, from
what I remember being mentioned previously on our baronial list,
homemade food items are no longer allowed because of security/terrorism
reasons. I've also heard that this may also not apply to shipments
directed to an individual rather than a unit. I can try to dig out the
various information links which were posted to our baronial list if
needed, although a web search might turn them up.

> So, how DO we hold feet to the fire effectively?
> Anne
Lol. ho ho ho. I tried to do that in the last elections, as well as the
one in 2000, but it certainly didn't help then. Now we're being told by
the administration that the last election gave a mandate for the
administration to do just as they have been doing. If I remember the
numbers it sounded like the military members voted much higher than the
general population did for the current administration.

I have to wonder whether this war will need to last as long as the
Vietnam war (anyone else remember the casualty numbers of 50-150 deaths
per day, day after day?) before things are changed. Syria, Iran or
Korea? Anyone want to guess which is next?

However, this is a bit off topic for this list, except perhaps for info
on sending care packages to our troops overseas.

Mark
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com