[Sca-cooks] Re: OP, by a long shot: Questions for Professional Chefs

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 01:45:41 PST 2005

--- "morgana.abbey at juno.com" <morgana.abbey at juno.com> wrote:

> Since no one has mentioned it yet, a reference book of sorts:  Anthony Bourdain's "Kitchen
> Confidential".

Tony Bourdain is a hack.  I've met the man, so I know from experience.

> The chapters about how and why restaurants fail are worth all the tales of misbehavior--which
> are also grimly funny.
>
> I felt vindicated reading those chapters as I'm really tired of well-meaning boobs (none of whom
> ever worked in a restaurant) prattling on about how I should open a restaurant.  No thanx, I'm
> poor enough.
>
> If you've already read it and/or disliked, ignore this.  Don't harp about it.

The thing he never touches on in his 'faux tell-all' diatribe, is why/how restaurants succeed.
Bourdain is a tired, washed out chef who never got the accolades he 'felt' he deserved, until he
wrote his gritty little farce about the restaurant industry.

It takes guts, stamina, and a desire to please others over yourself.  Bourdain possesses none of
these traits.

William de Grandfort
Harping on it.

> Morgana

Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.