[Sca-cooks] OT mail question

Sandra Kisner sjk3 at cornell.edu
Fri Mar 11 09:44:57 PST 2005

>I received a note, suggesting that I not open attachments...maybe I'm
>lost...I thought it was only don't open attachments if you are unaware of
>the source....
>
>-Ardenia

Since addresses can be spoofed, it's now recommended that you not open
*any* attachments you aren't expecting.  You can always write the sender
and ask if they really sent it to you if you don't know what it is.  If you
had asked them to send it to you in the first place, though, you're
probably ok.  It's also a good idea for people who are sending files to be
sure they have very specific identifiable names, not just something like
"holiday_pics" or "good_times".

Sandra