[Sca-cooks] De Camp was distilling wine

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Mar 13 09:06:26 PST 2005

De Camp wasn't a member of the SCA (AFAIK) although he had a number of
friends who were.  He was more active with the Hyborean Legion (Robert E.
Howard fandom).  A vaguely remember an article (for Amra?), I  believe he
authored, discussing the question of a fencer defeating a man armed with a
broadsword.  He had written such a scene (For Lest Darkness Fall, IIRC) and
the experiences of some of his SCA friends directly contradicted what he had
written.

In case anyone is interested, an extensive booklist can be found on the De
Camp Family Partnership website:

http://www.lspraguedecamp.com/works/

Bear