[Sca-cooks] De Camp was distilling wine

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 14 08:07:19 PST 2005

> I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. De Camp and his lovely wife a couple
> of times at conventions. Mainly because he never failed to attend the
> lecture of Lloyd Eaker, my master, in the reality of historical combat.

I can't top that, but milord husband was stuck in an elevator with both
DeCamps, Harlan Ellison and his date at a SF con once.  An interesting
experience, which might have been less interesting had any of them been
sober at the time.  <grin>

Striving mightily go get this all back on topic:  the overlap between SF
Fandom and the SCA goes back to the very beginnings, including cookery.
 Mistress Karina of the Far West [author Karen Anderson and
PaleoSCAdian] is still a very fine medieval cook.  She threw a party at
the World Science Fiction Convention in San Jose a very few years ago
celebrating her 50th year in SF Fandom and brought a full buffet's worth
of medieval dishes.  I can't remember off the top of my head what all
the dishes were but they were yummy.  Great party too.  Amidst people
like Karina, Diana Listmaker and that crowd I felt like a veritable
youngster!  <grin>

So... this year's WorldCon is in Glascow, next year in Los Angeles [or
more probably Anaheim].  Is it too early to talk List Meetup?  Come to
LA Con, we have cookies....

Selene Colfox