[Sca-cooks] Possible KW Cooks and Bards Event [crossposted]

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 01:57:22 PST 2005

If you are talking about CooksCon 3, it is on
June 17-19, 2005, in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
It is _not_ a "Known World Symposium", which
is an official SCA event, but a privately run
event run by Mary Morman of "Serve It Forth"
fame.

I would think that there would be enough time
between June and November, so as not to conflict
with each other.

Also, the BoD has decreed that all Known World
Symposia are Society-wide events and approval
to hold one has to be submitted to the
appropriate Society officer.  Here are
paragraphs from the KW event pdf:

2. Known World Collegia/Symposia
Collegia/Symposia are large-scale events focused
on specific areas of interest, either artistic,
martial, or administrative, and open to general
attendance and participation by both SCA members
and non-member participants. Proposals for these
events are collected by the Society Officer in
charge of the focused area of interest. Proposals
are accepted by both the Society Seneschal and
the Society Officer involved.

and

2. Collegia/Symposia Events
Each Society Officer will make a policy regarding
how and how often events focused on their joint
or several venues are to be solicited, and
as to what the content of these events can or
cannot be. The subject area sponsor {Society
Officer, Deputy Officer, etc} may decide to
schedule a symposium and invite the membership to
proposal on the same, or a local person, branch,
or organization may seek Society Event
Sponsorship by proposing the same to the
appropriate Society Officer.

and

D. Criteria for Bids/proposals for
Collegia/Symposia are to be determined by the
Society officer(s) responsible for the event.
1. Minimum information in order for the event to
appear on the Society Calendar is:
a) Name/Date/Location of Event
b) Name of Event Steward/Autocrat
c) Planned Activities
d) Event Financials {as per Society Anniversary
Event proposal}
e) Evidence of Kingdom and Branch Support {As per
Society Anniversary Event proposal}

or look as said document here:

http://www.sca.org/docs/kweventpolicy.pdf

The BoD has made this decision recently because
last year there were two "Known World" events
scheduled on the same weekend.

If you don't want to have to bid for a "Known
World Symposia", then you will have to do as
Mary Morman has done and put on the event as
a private event, outside of the SCA's boundaries.

Huette

--- margaret <m.p.decker at att.net> wrote:
> Since there is a Known World Cooks Symposium
> coming up in Colorado Springs,
> another so close in time might make it
> difficult for most to get to both.
>
> > To all,
> >
> > My apologies if you see this multiple times,
> but I wanted to get as
> > much input as possible.  I was wondering what
> the interest would be in
> > having a Known World Cooks (and Bards) event
> in the Barony Marche of
> > the Debatable Lands (Pittsburgh, PA) in
> November of this year.
> >
> > This is not a done deal, and I wanted to be
> sure that people would be
> > interested before saying "yes" to this
> endevor and making the
> > necessary arrangements.
> >
> > I appreciate your time and hope to hear from
> many of you.
> >
> > Odriana vander Brugghe
> > AEthelmearc
> > www.medievalcooking.org
> > --
> > "Without music to decorate it, time is just a
> bunch of boring
> > production deadlines or dates by which bills
> must be paid."
> > -Frank Zappa

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for
they shall never cease to be amused.