[Sca-cooks] Cinnamon question

Lisa silvina at allegiance.tv
Fri Mar 18 10:38:43 PST 2005

I would think that this is another dubious post as I tend to read
ingredients and have never seen cornstarch.  They have to post ingredients
due to allergies.  You might also check to see if the company that sells
each type of commercial cinnamon has a webpage and contact them.   Now I
will say that some of the commercial cinnamon producers today use Cassia (
unless I'm misremembering the name) which I believe is the same family and
flavor, just cheaper.  But I seriously doubt cornstarch is used in cinnamon.

Elizabeta of Rundel