[Sca-cooks] Sugar beets

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Sun Mar 20 10:30:16 PST 2005

In a message dated 3/20/2005 10:35:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca writes:
So what was other then honey  their sugar base?

I always understood it to be cane sugar or honey. I suppose they could have
concentrated fruit juices, but I never found an example of that, so I've gone
with cane sugar or honey. I DID hear of concentrated grape juice, but I've seen
no (research) sources for it.

Corwyn

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke