[Sca-cooks] extant medieval Saltcellars

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Mar 21 14:22:26 PST 2005

julian wilson wrote:
> Can any Lister point me to books or online pictures at websites which
> have clear illustrations of extant medieval Saltcellars in Museums or
> private Collections?
> A friendly Master Pewterer has intimated that he will consider making
> one for our Companie's High Table, if he has some clear,
> graphic-reference sources to work from.

Pictures of several and at least one link to a picture can be found in
this file in the FOOD-UTENSILS section of the Florilegium:
nefs-msg          (24K)  3/21/05    Richly decorated medieval salt
cellars.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-UTENSILS/nefs-msg.html

As you can see, I just updated this file and it will be a little while
until this latest version is on the website. If you need it sooner, let
me know and I will get it online or email you a copy of the file or
that last addition.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas