[Sca-cooks] semi-topical: Good Friday dinner?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Fri Mar 25 21:25:20 PST 2005

At 09:11 PM 3/25/2005, you wrote:
>Hullo, the list!
>
>So, there's been some talk about people's attempts at a Lenten dietary
>observance. Did anybody wrap it up with something interesting for Good
>Friday? (Yes, Saturday is still Lent, but still...)
>
>Nothing really exciting here; spouse and spawn requested and got plainish
>sauteed shrimp and calimari with garlic and EV olive oil, with bread for
>dunking and salad on the side...

Well, we're still dealing with the kitchen remodel, two of my kids here
during break, and prep work for a wedding tomorrow (no, not mine- a dear
friend). This evening my sweetie made black beans and rice, dragged some
catfish filets through cornmeal and panfried them. I really don't care for
fish, but it was pretty good.

I am discovering that the Lenten diet is a lot more inconvenient than I'd
thought. I especially miss milk products.

I'll probably post some thoughts next week, when I've recovered from the
chocolate-induced coma that I'm sure I'll slip into some time Sunday
afternoon...

'Lainie