[Sca-cooks] semi-topical: Good Friday dinner?

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Mar 25 21:45:16 PST 2005

My dinner tonight (as part of the Lenten dietary observance) was to have
been salmon with wine sauce, rapes in potage (using parsnips), and
Funges, using some dried morels I happen to have, plus ordinary grocery
store mushrooms.
I am, however, too sick to do much of anything, having either come down
with a very virulent cold, or else a good dose of influenza (we had an
event last weekend, and a couple of the attendees turned out to be
*really contagious*).  So I've been living on tea, and a batch of millet
soup that a friend brought by--her lenten version, made without butter
or milk, and using almond milk instead.  Very tasty. Kinda like a
caudel, I suppose, only fairly thick.  Seemed appropriate, and I'm a fan
of it anyways (lots of saffron....mmmmmm).
--maire