[Sca-cooks] OT: Another Japanese cooking contest show

Judith Kingsbury miriambaslevi at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 26 14:47:46 PST 2005

Greetings,

Laughing out loud, oh yes!  That is the one and we love it!  We've seen more of Norway than we have ever seen before, plus he does talk a bit about the history of Norway just to keep us glued watching the show.

Miriam

"Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius" <adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:
Also sprach Judith Kingsbury:
>We've even been known to arrange our weekly schedules so that we can
>watch that and the Scandinavian Cooking on PBS, which is also airs
>on Saturdays but in the afternoon.

Is that the one with the Norwegian guy who seems to cook everything
outdoors? It looks like great food, but there's something surreal
about a guy in a parka (or looking like he should be in a parka, when
he's not), chiffonading sorrel for the soup he's got going on over a
portable, tabletop butane burner, while the occasional reindeer comes
up and investigates...

Not that I'm complaining, mind you ;-)

Adamantius
--

"S'ils n'ont pas de pain, vous fait-on dire, qu'ils mangent de la
eat cake!"

Holt, 07/29/04