[Sca-cooks] A New Baby Bird in Atlantia

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 26 18:26:58 PST 2005

Ro wrote:

>Today, at Storvik's Baronial Investiture during the morning court of their
>majesties, Janos and Rachel, Master Chirhart Blackstar was put on vigil for
>the Order of the Pelican.  He was received into the order at the evening
>court.
>
>Speaking on his behalf were Mistress Kiri, Baron Barre of Bright Hills,
>Baroness Chagan Khulan (2nd Baroness of the Bright Hills) Baroness Rowan
>Berran McDowell (ex Stierbachian Baroness) and someone else who I am
>completely blanking on.
>
>Vivat, Master Chirhart!!!!
>
>Much love,
>
>Ro
>Bright Hills, Atlantia
>
>PS We also fed most of the site lunch - just the usual 3 table Bright Hills
>Light Lunch....
>
>http://www.livejournal.com/users/ladyrowansplace/

Shucks, Ro...you beat me to the punch.  I was looking forward to
breaking the news.  But it was a great day...Master Chirhart was totally
surprised...the old "deer in the headlights" syndrome.  And turned on
the water works with the best of them.  He commented to the Queen when
he was called for to be put on vigil (he wanted one because he didn't
have one when he got his Laurel) that he didn't deserve the award.  She
responded that he may not, but that there were a lot of people standing
before the thrones who disagreed with him.

Thanks to all of the great folks from Bright Hills who helped set up for
the vigil and ceremony...and who kept the secret so well!

Kiri