[Sca-cooks] Tuna sandwiches

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Mar 26 21:33:06 PST 2005

Phlip replied to me with:
> > I thought from earlier discussions here that Miracle Whip didn't have
> > eggs in it. Would that be useable in Lent?
> >
> > Adamantius' Tuna Sandwich does sound good, though.
> >
> > Stefan
>
> Miracle Whip doesn't have egg _yolks_ in it, Stefan- it still has egg
> whites.

Ah. Okay. I didn't have a jar of the stuff to go look at to check this.
I thought the past discussion on this list about Miracle Whip (from
Adamantius?) was that it was a depression-era cheaper version of
mayonnaise. Was it that much of a cost savings to not have to use the
yolks, but still use the whites?

> And tuna salad is quite good, if made properly.

So are green peppers. :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas