[Sca-cooks] Tuna sandwiches

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Mar 27 08:31:05 PST 2005

At 06:46 AM 3/27/2005, you wrote:
>I think you probably meant "cruciferous" vegetables, Lainie! <g> I've
>never seen any cross-shaped ("cruciform") veggies, although some mundane
>candy company has been seen selling chocolate crosses this Easter season....

Yup, cruciferous was what I meant. James and I were talking theology last
night (among other things being exactly when was Lent over, Saturday night,
or sunrise Sunday. I think it was sunrise Sunday, but the Catholic websites
didn't say...) and cruciform was stuck in my head...

>--maire, who generally likes veggies as long as you don't include kohlrabi
>in that category ;-(,

You mean broccoli-flavored wood? (I don't care for it either) Hey... James
says that kohlrabi could be made into a cross, so maybe it is cruciform? ;-)

>  and definitely likes tuna sandwiches, tuna salad sandwiches (which, made
> properly at her house, are done with Miracle Whip, a bit of dice onion,
> and sweet pickle relish and served on toasted bread), and tuna sushi as
> well (mmmmm.....), when her budget allows....

Tuna, mayo, green onion, celery, dill pickle relish, and a bit of dill from
the spice cupboard. On sourdough lightly toasted. (I've found that
sandwiches don't get soggy as fast if I toast the bread a bit.)

'Lainie