[Sca-cooks] Tuna sandwiches

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 27 11:46:49 PST 2005

So often, canned tuna is over-mayonnaised.
I, however, don't like plain canned tuna.
I usually buy tuna canned in water, rather
than oil.  I drain it and press as much
water out as possible.  I add just enough
mayonnaise to moisten the tuna and I add
just a pinch or two of celery salt to add
just a touch of flavor.  That is it.

On a hot summer day, there is nothing like
a cold tuna macaroni salad.

I usually boil shell macaroni until done and let
it cool.  I then boil peas until done and let
them cool.  I then take several cans of tuna
and moisten them with mayonnaise as above.
I mix the three together and chill until cold.
I then make up a fresh batch of biscuits and
serve the cold tuna macaroni salad with hot,
fresh baked biscuits and real butter.  Nothing
perks up the appetite than cold tuna salad
and hot fresh biscuits on a hot summer day.

_Fresh_ tuna on the other hand is delightful
just as it is.  I just grill it with just
a touch of real butter and a pinch or two
of real salt.

Huette

--- Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:

> Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...
>
> > > And tuna salad is quite good, if made
> properly.
> >
> > So are green peppers. :-)
> >
> > Stefan
> > --------
>
> Unfortunately, whoever came up with that Great
> Recipe in the Sky didn't make
> bell peppers properly, just as the tuina salad
> often served in school
> cafeterias is made improperly. It wasn't until
> a Real Celestial Chef made
> hot peppers that they got it right, just as
> here on earth, good cooks who
> (by definition) don't work in school cafeterias
> (or, we hope, Celestial
> ones) discovered the proper blend of drained
> tuna, mayo, chopped onion,
> celery, and a dab of mustard to place on whole
> wheat or whole grain bread,
> or toast, and served quickly, while the bread
> still has texture.
> Institutional undrained cheap tuna mixed with
> chep mayo and mixed to a soggy
> mush, then smeared on Wonder bread with perhaps
> some limp iceberg lettuce
> added, and allowed to sit until all you have is
> a soggy, gluey mass simply
> does not compare.
>
> Saint Phlip,
> CoD, who always will eat good food well
> prepared, but avoids good food
> mysteriously turned into garbage by incompetent
> cooks, Celestial or
> otherwise.
>
> "When in doubt, heat it up and hit it with a
> hammer."
>  Blacksmith's credo.
>
>  If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a
> duck, it is probably not a
> cat.
>
> Never a horse that cain't be rode,
> And never a rider who cain't be throwed....
>

> --

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for
they shall never cease to be amused.