[Sca-cooks] OT: Another Japanese cooking contest show

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sun Mar 27 18:15:12 PST 2005

Also sprach Phlip:
>Suppose anybody could come up with the names of these shows? I suspect some
>of the rest of us might be interested in watching, if we had more to go on
>than we have so far.

The one I was talking about (with the cook who works outdoors,
sometimes in what amounts to a Blasted Heath, making Dill and Potato
Soup until Macbeth rides by...) would be "New Scandinavian Cooking
With Andreas Viestad".

My fave is still anything with Keith Floyd. He would have had fun
with the Andreas Viestad format: "Well, here we are on this Blasted
Heath, making Consomme Celestine over a tin of Sterno. But through
the modern miracle known as Television..."

Viestad's backdrops are often quite pleasant -- don't get me wrong.
It's just that _sometimes_, you want to look at anyone else in the
room and say, "What the H**L is he doing out there, with absolutely
everything you need to make römmegrot, and absolutely _nothing_
else???"

Adamantius

eat cake!"
Rousseau, "Confessions", 1782