[Sca-cooks] OOP: Mystery flour-like substance in my cabinet

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 28 05:25:28 PST 2005

And to add another anecdote...When Phillip and I were first dating, he came to my apartment for a weekend.  It was cold and rainy, so we decided to make some beef stew.  Well, we got it to the point where we wanted to thicken it, so we added cornstarch.  But, oddly enough, it didn't get any thicker.  Then he tasted it.  What we were adding was confectioners' sugar!  Boy, that was the sweetest beef stew around.  A couple of weekends later, we were at his apartment and he decided to make funnel cakes.  He got them all fried up and ready to eat.  We sprinkled Confectioners' sugar on them and bit in.  Ugh.  It turned out to be cornstarch.  So we both learned to label stuff....

Kiri