[Sca-cooks] semi-topical: Good Friday dinner?

Pat mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 02:40:16 PST 2005

The cabbage sounds wonderful.  Why salt instead of "Syrian Cheese"?  When I read the original, I thought the addition of cheese to this recipe was Not A Good Thing.  Then I read that you had simply substituted salt.  Why?  What is "Syrian Cheese"?

lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
Friday i cooked two Lenten recipes from a 14th century cookbook from
Cairo, The Book of the Description of Familiar Foods (translated by
Charles Perry and published in "Medieval Arab Cookery"),

Urtatim, formerly Anahita

Pat Griffin
Lady Anne du Bosc
known as Mordonna the Cook