[Sca-cooks] Food Writing Project, OOP

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Mar 30 21:12:51 PST 2005

  Selene asked:
> Which gives me furiously to think;  I have done a lot of food writing,
> paragraph or a page at a time, in such venues as e-lists and commenting
> on LJ and other fora.  So... what I think I should do now is try to
> collect these bits and keep them in one place  My request to my
> friendslist and anyone else who cares to do so is to help me find those
> bits.  If I have written something worth saving, a recipe, procedure or
> something besides some little joke or "me-too" in your journal or
> forum,
> please re-send it to me?

Well, I like to think I do a reasonable job of pre-screening what goes
in the Florilegium to eliminate the "me-too" and at least the
non-germane little jokes. But I'm not entirely sure what you might or
might not want. Using the search engine in the Florilegium (go to the
top page and pick on the 'SEARCH' button.

I found 193 hits using 'Susan Fox-Davis' since you've probably used
that in most of your messages. Using 'From: Susan Fox-Davis' to perhaps
eliminate quotes of your comments by others cuts that down to 165. Now
sometimes you gets hits from each format of a file, so the total is
probably a third to half of that.

You might also try "Selene" as well if you've not always used your
mundane name, but there are probably more than one "Selene" in the
Florilegium.

Since I'm midway through hiding the email addresses in the Florilegium,
you might not want to try to search on that.

You could also try the SCA-Cooks and other maillist archives but they
of course, for good or bad, aren't filtered.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com