[Sca-cooks] Not so Virgin Cast Iron Question

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun May 1 16:24:56 PDT 2005

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> So this would dissolve the "bumps"?  I would end up with a smooth bottom
and
> sides again?
>
> Regina

More or less. See, the bumps are actually the rust shoving itself outwards-
either the muriatic acid or the electricity will work in the same way-
dissolving the rust. I prefer, in this sort of application, to work with the
electricity- muriatic acid is dilute hydrocloric acid, and not something I
tend to want around, and it will also dissolve some of the metal. The
electricity will, too, if you leave it long anough, but  less so.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.