[Sca-cooks] Cooking for Viking

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu May 12 23:45:22 PDT 2005

Master Chirhart replied to my asking whether his group actually makes
tamales at Pennsic with:
> Yes Stefan We Make Them From Scratch.We Do Sevarl Hundred Of Them In An
> Afternoon.
> Its One Of My Cooking Loves .You Have  been To Mongolein Night.So Come
> On Up For Spanish Night !  Chirhart

Unfortunately no, I have never made one of your Mongolian Nights,
although I remember you and Olwen talking about them. Always had
conflicts with dinner in the SPCA camp or forgot about it in the
Pennsic amnesia of too much going on, all the time. I have always
cherished such invitations as yours to meals or bardics or Weddings or
whatever by various friends.

If I make Pennsic, I would love to see the process of the tamales being
made and help out where I can. Unfortunately, I'm still looking for a
job and if I get one, I may or may not be able to get the time for
Pennsic off.

You called it "Spanish Night" not "Tamale Night". So, what else do you
all make or do for that night?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas