[Sca-cooks] cakes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue May 17 21:50:38 PDT 2005

Alexa commented:
> As far as the redaction for this carrot pudding, yes,
> I would be very interested.

I too, would be interested in seeing your redaction, although I think
I've figured most of it out, with the exception of just how big, and of
what, is a 'two-penny' loaf. (Take a topeny#loafe...). I've also got no
idea how long to bake it, but I imagine there are similar modern
recipes. I thought puddings were usually boiled, though.

> I am still new to the redaction process.

Alexa, you might be interested in looking through these files in the
FOOD section of the Florilegium:
Redacting-art    (10K) 7/ 3/00   "The Kitchen Wench Way: Redacting
Recipes"
                                      by Caointiarn.
redacting-msg    (44K) 9/12/04   Changing period recipes into modern
format.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas