[Sca-cooks] ,,,translation of a period cookbook

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Sat May 21 01:07:48 PDT 2005

Am Samstag, 21. Mai 2005 08:35 schrieb Stefan li Rous:
> Giano mentioned:
> > I entered a translation of a period cookbook
> > and a
> > mustard recipe once. The mustard won. The cookbook finished last. the
> > mustard
> > took me some 60 minutes from reading the recipe to trying it on ham.
> > THe
> > cookbook took weeks. I webbed it, I've had great responses...
>
> So, which cookbook was it and where do you have it webbed? Would you be
> interested in letting me add it to the Florilegium? You can see several
> other manuscript translations there, in the FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS section.

It was Meister Eberhard von Landshut, and it seems to have disappeared (I gave
it to several SCAdians who run websites a few years ago - before the Great
Hard Drive Oopsie -  and it was up, but a google search now yields nothing.)

Anyway, you can certainly have it for the Florilegium, along with my
translations of the Inntal and Königsberg MSS. Can I mail them to you?

YIS

Giano